The deadline for applications is April 20, 2018
The Kerry Initiative invites applications for the class of 2018-2019 Kerry Fellows.
Led by former Secretary of State John Kerry ’66, the Kerry Initiative is an interdisciplinary program that focuses on pressing global challenges through teaching, research, convenings, and international dialogue. Kerry Fellows will work with Secretary Kerry and his team on key projects for the Initiative, including conducting research, assisting with conferences on international topics, and helping write journal publications and social media content.
Key accomplishments of the inaugural class of Kerry Fellows include:
- The Yale Climate Conference Report for the House Climate Solutions Caucus and key Senate Republicans on climate change
- Opinion pooling in conflict forecasting to estimate the impact of policy on the likelihood of mass atrocity onset
- An op-ed on pursuing alternatives to Brexit
- A report on the U.S role in Iran-Saudi relations and the impact of the JCPOA on Iranian economy and domestic politics
- Research and writing assistance for Secretary Kerry’s memoir, speaking engagements, and meetings with principals
- A memorandum on the challenges of automation and workplace transformation
Kerry Fellows will be selected on the basis of outstanding academic and, if appropriate, professional achievement, with some priority given to interdisciplinary work in the core subjects on which the Kerry Initiative is focused: failed and failing states, the challenge of authoritarian populism, rising sectarianism and violent extremism, climate change and other environmental threats, capacity building, global economic opportunity and development. Fellows should have a strong interest in writing, history, and current affairs.
All incoming and current Yale students, including undergraduate, graduate and professional school students are eligible to apply. Fellows will be paid a stipend for each semester or summer work period.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the online application form.
The deadline for applications is April 20, 2018 at 11:59 pm.
Please e-mail Sona Lim at email@example.com.