Additionally, these scholarships are available to applicants who meet the following criteria:
Returning Peace Corps Volunteers
Paul D. Coverdell Fellows Program: Awarded to Returned Peace Corps Volunteers who apply as a Coverdell Fellow. To be considered, interested RPCVs upload a 500 word-max Peace Corps Fellowship Statement to the online application, indicating how the fellowship fits into their academic and professional plans, and how they plan to fulfill the Coverdell internship requirement.
During their graduate studies, Coverdell Fellows complete a degree-related internship in an underserved American community, allowing them to bring home and expand upon the skills they learned as Peace Corps volunteers. At Jackson, Coverdell Fellows receive full tuition (and may receive up to full tuition plus a $22,000 stipend). Coverdell Fellows are named after intent to matriculate decisions are made.
For more information on the Coverdell Fellows Program, visit the Peace Corps website.
Meet Jackson’s current Coverdell Fellows
Returning from the Military
Robert “Biff” McKellip , Jr. ’67 Memorial Scholarship: Awarded to a veteran.
Joint Degree Students with Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies
David and Karen Sobotka Fellowship Fund
Applicants from the Following Regions
- Central European Foundation Fellowship: Awarded to a student from an Eastern European country.
- Pierre Keller Fellowship: Awarded to a student from a European country with a strong preference for a student from Switzerland.
- Okvuran ’94 Fellowship: Awarded to a student from Turkey
- Russia Fellowship: Awarded to a student from Russia.
Hong Kong or mainland China
- Kwok Fellowship (or Yale Kwok Scholarship) for Graduate Students from Hong Kong or mainland China: Awarded to a student from Hong Kong and/or mainland China. Read more about Kwok Scholars.
- Yifei Li Fellowship: Awarded to a student from mainland China, or a student with demonstrated interest in China.
- Chang Fellowship: Awarded to an incoming student(s) with preference given to residents of countries within Africa or students who have shown a demonstrated interest in Africa
- Peel Fellowship: Awarded to an incoming student(s) who are residents of countries within Sub-Saharan Africa.