If I have a Master’s degree that was conducted in English, would that exempt me from the TOEFL/IELTS requirement?

No. For non-native English speakers, in order to be exempt from submitting TOEFL or IELTS test scores, applicants must have received a baccalaureate degree or its foreign equivalent, prior to matriculation at Yale, from a university or college where English is the primary language of instruction. Applicants must have studied in residence at the baccalaureate institution for at least three (3) years to receive the waiver.


view all FAQs