The April 24 discussion was moderated by Sec. John Kerry.
More than 700 attendees tuned in to today’s discussion on crisis diplomacy, part of the Jackson Institute’s Virtual Discussion Forum series on COVID-19 and Global Affairs.
Six former U.S. ambassadors took part in the conversation, which was moderated by former Secretary of State John Kerry, the Distinguished Fellow for Global Affairs at Yale. Ted Wittenstein, Jackson’s deputy director for leadership programs, and Jim Levinsohn, Jackson’s director, offered brief opening remarks and introductions.
- Amb. Robert Ford, Kissinger Senior Fellow and former Ambassador to Syria and Algeria
- Amb. Francisco (“Paco”) Palmieri, Jackson Senior Fellow and former Acting Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs
- Amb. Anne Patterson, former Jackson Senior Fellow and Ambassador to Egypt, Pakistan, and Colombia
- Amb. David Rank, Jackson Senior Fellow and former Acting Ambassador to China
- Amb. Harry K. Thomas, Jr., Kissinger Senior Fellow and former Ambassador to Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, and the Philippines
- Amb. Susan Thornton, Paul Tsai China Center Senior Fellow and former Acting Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs