The Jackson Institute’s Career Services Office provides events, workshops, resources, and information for Yale students interested in global affairs.
Jackson’s career services office offers support and resources to Yale students interested in global affairs.
Each year, we host more than 60 career development events on campus. Check the events list below for information on upcoming events and programs during the academic year.
Jackson also offers personalized career coaching for students. Our director of career services holds weekly office hours and one-on-one advising for any interested Yale student.
- Campus-wide weekly e-newsletter of events and opportunities (events also listed on the Jackson Calendar)
- Career speaker events – professionals in the field of global affairs
- Career skills workshops relevant to global affairs
Follow Jackson on Facebook and Twitter to hear about career events. You can also connect on the Jackson Institute LinkedIn group.
Career Exploration Resources:
The career services office has compiled resources for several common career paths. Below are links to these resource pages, which include information on position types, application processes, and helpful advice.
- Energy Policy Careers
- Intelligence Community
- Nonproliferation Careers
- Peace and Conflict Resolution Careers
- Peace Corps
- Postdoctoral Career Path
- Presidential Management Fellowship
- Think Tanks and Research Careers
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
- U.S. Foreign Service
- U.S. Military
- United Nations